What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GECO 7.65mm

Birdseye

BOCN Contributor
Hi all.

I came across 8 7.65 GECO cartridges in a WW2 take-home pistol. From this I would guess that they were of that era. Both the casing and the projectile attract a magnet. Thecases show some trace rusting, just a bit.

Do these things have collector value or should I just pop them off at the range?

Geco 7.65

I am going to offer the same answer as John Moss over on the IAA!

These are standard steel cased 7.65 rounds made by Gustav Genschow during WW2. Whilst they are by no means rare, they are getting scarcer like everything else, so why shoot them?

Keep them for the future.

Regards
TonyE

I am going to offer the same answer as John Moss over on the IAA!

These are standard steel cased 7.65 rounds made by Gustav Genschow during WW2. Whilst they are by no means rare, they are getting scarcer like everything else, so why shoot them?

Keep them for the future.

Regards
TonyE

I have a lot of examples of cartridges that I have sort of accumulated without any sort of plan and every now and then I think "gosh, someone might be interested in this".

Thanks. That is what I will do.