Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.

Thread: GECO 7.65mm

BOCN Contributor
    Thanks

GECO 7.65mm

Hi all.

I came across 8 7.65 GECO cartridges in a WW2 take-home pistol. From this I would guess that they were of that era. Both the casing and the projectile attract a magnet. Thecases show some trace rusting, just a bit.

Do these things have collector value or should I just pop them off at the range?
    "in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
    -- Harry Lime

FSA SCOT

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Thanks

Geco 7.65

I am going to offer the same answer as John Moss over on the IAA!

These are standard steel cased 7.65 rounds made by Gustav Genschow during WW2. Whilst they are by no means rare, they are getting scarcer like everything else, so why shoot them?

Keep them for the future.

Regards
    TonyE

BOCN Contributor
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    I am going to offer the same answer as John Moss over on the IAA!

These are standard steel cased 7.65 rounds made by Gustav Genschow during WW2. Whilst they are by no means rare, they are getting scarcer like everything else, so why shoot them?

Keep them for the future.

Regards
    TonyE
    I have a lot of examples of cartridges that I have sort of accumulated without any sort of plan and every now and then I think "gosh, someone might be interested in this".

Thanks. That is what I will do.
    "in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
    -- Harry Lime

FSA SCOT