What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD10 german ww2 Bomb

kz11gr

Hello

I have a question for you .

You all know of course the SD10 .

This model :
252px-Sc_10_dw.jpg

And this other one :

245px-Sd10c.jpg

But, do you have some informations about this Holow Charge model, please.

sd10hl.jpg

reflechit.gif

---------------- thank you ..

-

Its the SD4 Kg Hollow charge bomb with the Z66 nose fuze
steve
source op1666 German explosive ordnance

Attachments

• sd4 001.jpg
    sd4 001.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 81
  • sd4 002.jpg
    sd4 002.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 72
  • sd4 003.jpg
    sd4 003.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 38
Hmm i don't think it is, the backpiece is much smaller, i can also be wrong, but the tail is very short, perhaps an other model
Ben

Ah, the photo may be not exactly what you see, has it been squashed??? That is what I think and therefore would fit the SD4, but hey, I am open to anything

i think ben is right
I think i cocked up its a SD10HL the height should be 350mm max body dia 118

Hi its only a test model what i found out fuze eAZ 66 and long 350 mm and dia 118 mm.

I think it is just a shorter type, so one can stock more bombs behind another in clusterbomb body.
The tail looks very new however compared to the bomb body which is rusted.
Regards DJH

according to MUNITIONS LEXIKON book the SD10HL did exsist page 140 which lists it as ww2 of course but then has next to it NUR VERSAUCHE DURCHGEFURRT sorry my german is almost non exsistant so translation not possible

Hello! How steve already wrote gabs the bomb only as attempt!!! No employment in the fight. I assume also that, the tail unit am copied. Harry

It writes also in its offer that the tail unit not to original is, but a reproduction.

I know the seller personally and have had some excellent items from him in the past.

Its certainly a great looking item but way out of my price range at the moment.

cheers

waff

No I know it not personally! Ichhabe already at the telephone spoken with it, it comes from Austria. and is student.