What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17pr construction and markings 1946

May I request a drawing showing the dimensions of a 17 pdr APCBC projectile? I do not have one, and I have an order to make six resin reproductions for a chap in the US who has an Achilles M10 tank destroyer. I do have an AP shot that I can use for most of the dimensions. What I need to know most is the length of the projectile and length of the piercing cap/ballistic cap. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
If nobody has the official blueprint specs I can try to get a rough measurement of mine for you - I have an APC as well as the APCBC.

Last edited:
Thank you, Jeff. Harry in the UK sent me a drawing, so I am good. How about some pictures of your two projectiles?

Here is a 17 pounder case that just sold on ebay in the US for almost $450. Interesting, I was selling 17 pounder cases in the US over a year ago, and I could not find anyone willing to pay $200. However, it is marked as a No. 2, and it has no crimp on the neck. That makes it an APDS case by my understanding. Canadian made also - I believe.

Attachments

• 17 pdr Canadian No. 2 for APDS 1.jpg
    17 pdr Canadian No. 2 for APDS 1.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 17 pdr Canadian No. 2 for APDS.jpg
    17 pdr Canadian No. 2 for APDS.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 17 pdr Canadian No. 2 for APDS head stamp.jpg
    17 pdr Canadian No. 2 for APDS head stamp.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 28