What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown German Bomb Part

Rockteer

Hello,

I got this large alloy plug which I presume is from a bomb, it has had some shrapnel damage from a detonation of some kind, I have put a 2 pence coin in the pic to give an indication of size, it's a big one! Has a screw thread and some numbers stamped on the outer face. Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Attachments

• DSCF4707.jpg
    DSCF4707.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF4708.jpg
    DSCF4708.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF4709.jpg
    DSCF4709.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 81
Well I take it everyone is just as stumped as I am! It certainly looks German and was with some other German Ordnance. Am I right assuming it is a bomb base plug at all? if so it is a biggy! If anyone does have any ideas then I would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Base plate

I'm no expert on german ordnance but looks to me like its off a Parachute land mine. Is it Aluminium?
Cheers
Hangarman

I dont recognise it as being a mine part whats the diameter please that will give me a clue as to where to search for information

Last edited by a moderator:
this looks like the bottom end plate from a german aerial dropped supply canister.
the centre indent is where the pressed steel lock clipped in.
as with everything measurments mean a lot, judging by the size of the 2 pence, this may be right.