What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.7"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

I have the following case:
Rim diameter 15.5cm
Case length 40.3cm
Mouth dia. 12cm

Which would make it then a 120x404R 4.7\" coastal or with the 15,5cm rim a field gun case.
Any further info is appreciated, pics, drawings, how do the projectiles look like?
What data can you make out from the headstamp apart that it was made by EOC for Argentina RA?

App0001-13.jpg

Post edited by: Fernando, at: 2007/07/19 17:02

Re:4.7\"

Sorry Fernando,,i cant find anything other than what you already know..The date as far as i can understand 5/02 is for May 1902 ,,i did find this mention on line

British
4.7\"/45 (12 cm) QF Mark V and Mark V*

These were Elswick guns of Pattern Y that were designed for export, with guns being supplied to the Argentine, Chinese and Norwegian navies among others during the late 1800s and early 1900s.

THIS POST USED OFF SITE IMAGE HOSTING.THE ACCOUNT HAS EXPIRED MAKING IT PRACTICALLY USELESS TO FUTURE READERS .
IT HAS BEEN LOCKED AND KEPT TO USE AS AN EXAMPLE AS TO WHY WE DO NOT RECOMEND OFF SITE IMAGE HOSTING

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.