What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm Rarden DSRR L15A1

Charlie

Staff member
Premium Member
For those that are interested the round waffen posted pics of in my wanted thread is a L15A1 or A2 Practice DSRR round. (Round 30mm AFV Practice Discarding Sabot Reduced Range L15A1 / L15A2) I can't tell if it's A1 or A2 as this is believed to relate to the tracer composition. This ammunition was intended for use on restricted (in size) training areas, with the round ballistically matching service APDS out to 1500 meters. Will post some pics of what the projectile and components looks like later today, although may move it to another section. (Don't worry I??m not butchering this one lol). This example is actually a factory made example?! I can only presume for sales promotion.
C.
Photo of Sabot removed and you can see the base of the tubular projectile with its ring of tracer compound. To date i haven't had one of these where the tracer compound has not been present, so those collectors that smoke.... lol be careful.
25072007149.jpg

Projectile removed from Sabot, looking at it from the front end. Razor sharp.

25072007150.jpg

Steel base plug set in a plastic driving band. You can see one end of the hole through the base plug for the ignition of the tracer in the projectile from the flash of the main charge.

25072007156.jpg

That's a pity - these things seem to be incredibly rare, I don't think I've ever seen one.

Charlie, I can't see the photos in your first three posts, just the later ones. Do you still have those pics?

Should the blue plastic nose unscrew from the pusher mine seems to be sealed with a brown colour resin or lacquer

That's a pity - these things seem to be incredibly rare, I don't think I've ever seen one.

Charlie, I can't see the photos in your first three posts, just the later ones. Do you still have those pics?

That's probably because I hoovered them all up and they are all now with one dealer lol

I'll have a look in the archives for you Tony.

I know they are being disposed of as and when found by authorities as that's the reason I stopped collecting and got out while I could. As they have never been officially released on the surplus market any in private hands are considered stolen goods.