What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25pdr cutaway

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Just Finished painting this one, i matched up the colour from the photo's Spotter sent me,i think it look's about right, its fitted with a 119 fuse, what do you all think.
Andy

Last edited:
Nah its a mess ..ill take it off your hands save you a lot of embarresment

Seriously its very nice,well done

Looks like you have done a very nice job indeed-congratulations!

That is one hell of a "Booster" on that 119 Fuze-is it original ?

Gorgeous I would sooner have a beautifuly restored projectile like that than an original one with one flake of paint left on it
well done

DAZ

Thanks guys it took a long while to do and lots of hacksaw blades and filing. as for the fuse, it came with that booster i don't know if its original or not.
Andy

Yep,excellent job!

what do you boys mean by the `booster`?

is that the same as a `gaine` in my favourite fuzes?

cheers

waff

As for the painting its a pity you all didn't live closer i could soon sort them out its my trade, And yes Waff it is a Gain or booster.:cheer: AA

work of art

Andy, that shell is nothing short of a true work of art. Slowly but surely BOCN is helping me change my thoughts on sections. I may try one myself someday but just can't bring myself to cut a piece of history. Again you guys are rapidly changing my thoughts on that. I did cut on an m1915 German discus and was happy with the results, but then robbed the innards to finish a baby discus that I had the original shells for. No biggie as I have a supplier of m1915 discus grenades that I can get cheap, so someday in the future I will re-do that cutaway. Again andy, beautiful work. Caps off to you..Respectfully...Dano

Last edited:
Thank's Danno it took a while but with patience and care and with some good hacksaw blades and plenty of filing you can do it
Cheers
Andy