What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EL.AZ.25 B

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Recently purchased this German WW2 EL.AZ.25 B bomb fuze from Dugup(see links section)
It was unpainted when i got it ,i painted in the black/grey colour which is the correct colour for impact fuzes of this type ,although other original colours are found
It is an electrical impact fuze,with three settings
1.Instantaneous
2.Short delay 0.08 secs
3.Long Delay 14 secs

Used with
SC50,Sc250.sc500
SD70,sd250,sd500
PC1000.pc1400
elaz25bDSCI0034.jpg

Ooooh!,i likeee!:laugh:

i wasn`t going to repaint any of mine but that looks sh#thot pal.:cheer:

nice one spotter.

w.

How did you manage to `whiten` the letters so well pal?
i may do a couple of mine up to this spec now.

cheers

w.

Hello waff ,used multi purpose filler(ready made polyfilla) it was all i had and only wanted to highlight letters for picture ,but worked ok say leaving it

i suppose then it could be picked out if you wanted to remove the filla?

great job though pal and i really do like the idea!:cheer:

w.

Filler: If it's only for a photo and want to remove I always use schoolboard-chalk. Falls out quite easily.
Cheers, Lex

Messy stuff though is tippex and filler,ok for the permanent highlighting of the letters.
The chalk idea is about right for photo`s then a decision whether to whiten permanenty or not.

cheers

w.

I like the idea of the chalk, as its easy to remove, easy to apply and won't damage the item. Another idea for slightly longer life is Children's white crayon...does a good job..and also in any colour you like to boot.
Rich