What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id this fuse please

Freaky

Can anyone ID this grenade\mine fuse for me? Ther are'nt any markings on it but it fitt on a us Mk II grenade. I have never seen this type befor but luckily i got it now:tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• tenmek.jpg
    tenmek.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 111
Fuse booby trap id

Hi, oops, me thinks and am pretty sure 100% it's a US m1A1 booby trap device for the US frag grenade..just sold a mint one.Check out US switches on lexpev's fab site.Cheers Murdosbunker:tinysmile_shy_t:

Hi:
Not a rare one. It is the first in the series. After this model a new one was made for attach prongs and with a rod extender.

Attachments

• GR MKII Traps.jpg
    GR MKII Traps.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 75
Thanks every one for enlightenment on this fuse. A last question. What is the production year for this type of fuse and are they still in service?

Thanks again folks
Freaky

As it was used in WWII, but yours is the first model I guess the year will be between 1930 and 1940. Americans didnt stamp dates in all as Germans did and didnt call to item with the year of production or design neither. So it is difficult to give an exact date. And for service Im quite sure that these devices were "out of order" many years ago.

Hi

Yes, you're right. I made a mistake and post too fast !

thanks !

I have a copy of The Guide Book For Marines from November 2001, and it still has the M1A1 firing device listed in it. It is also listed in FM5-25 Explosives and Demolitions May 1967, but in appendix G of FM5-250 (Explosives and Demolitions from June 1992) it says that the M1A1 pressure firing device, the M1 pull firing device and the M3 tension firing device have all been replaced by the M142 multipurpose firing device. I belive the M1A1 is a copy of the Brit No2 switch and that all are WWII and later, absent any information otherwise.
Nice collection of U.S. firing devices Grenademan, you have several I don't yet. These things aren't so common at shows here. I've only got 3 of mine at shows the rest have come from internet auctions.

Last edited:
Gijunkman, for you I will tell that all mine are from internet auctions, here in Spain it is impossible to find this and we have no shows, you know "Spain is different".... and I hate it. But for elude this I have the net. :tinysmile_shy_t:
Also many thanks for your info with the manuals. I believe that they are a copy from the Brit ones too.

Lucky for me the Norwgian army use a copy of the US Mk2 grenade. Therfor ther are some of those fuse her i Norway (and i gues they still use those). The best part is that ther are'nt many Norwegian collectors on handgrenades and not many witch know this fuses wher used onto a grenades. I got yesterday a M6/M7 fuse. (See picture) the cost for thos wher around 50 NOK = 5 each. I will be on the lookout for those if somone are intrested and post them for sale on this forum.

Freaky

Attachments

• tenmek 2.jpg
    tenmek 2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 26
Grenademan, I didn't know you had no shows in Spain. I would defanitly miss my shows. I don't allways find things, but just talking with fellow collectors and dealers is good enough to go. As for internet auctions Gunbroker is about the best for this kind of stuff over here, ebay has become a pain with their "wepons parts rules" even for inert items. Plus I don't care for some of their corporate political stances, so that limits some of my options.

Freaky, I would deffinatly be intrested in M6/M7 combination fuses. I have 2 M8 practice ap mines that still need fuses and wouldnt mind having a couple of spairs for trade.

Hello Freaky, and all others.

I noticed you named the picture of this fuze "tenmek.jpg".
If the name "tenmek" is on the fuze body, this will be a Norwegian copy of the US fuze.
Norway had these fuzes in their inventory as well, post-war.

Cheers, Lex

Hello Lexpev

I just named the picture of the fuse for "tenmek". As described earlier ther are no markings on either M6/M7 or the M1A1 fuse.

Freaky

Gi:
All of you USA or European collectors are very lucky on have dozens of shows for go. I know perfectly what you say: only go to a show is very exciting, all that people there and tables with items.... :tinysmile_kiss_t4: I have visited Ciney, (one of the most important shows here), a couple of times and some in France near the Spanish frontier and only being there is enough. Maybe you will not find anything for buy, but the environment is very nice. And always knows people. Totally agree about ebay and gunbroker.
Alex, nice to see you here again, tell me how goes all. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Quote: "All of you USA or European collectors are very lucky on have dozens of shows for go. I know perfectly what you say: only go to a show is very exciting, all that people there and tables with items.... :tinysmile_kiss_t4: I have visited Ciney, (one of the most important shows here), a couple of times and some in France near the Spanish frontier and only being there is enough. Maybe you will not find anything for buy, but the environment is very nice. And always knows people. "Totally agree about ebay and gunbroker"

Hi, I agree, it is very nice to go to shows and speak with other collectors, look at the tables etc.

I have been on eBay since about the beginning, and with the new rules, 2 or so years ago, it has really thrown a wrench into the works of military collectors. It all started I believe when the the nice fellow at one of the college campuses here shot many students. It was a few years ago. They found out he bought the magazines for his pistols on eBay. It was all downhill from there.

I had 3 M8 WW2 practice mines, and still have one listed for sale on GB, the nicest of the 3, for $50 US. It is a fairly nice complete one, minus the M7 fuse shown. It just sits there. Nobody is buying much right now. It could be the economy also over here. Do you think $50 is too much for the M8 without the fuse? The other, is the one in my collection.

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• P2040035.jpg
    P2040035.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 11
  • P2040037.jpg
    P2040037.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 11
  • M8**M8.jpg
    M8**M8.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hi, can you post pics of your M8's sometime please? Do you happen to know where I can get another M7 fuse? I have an M8 I painted OD, and stenciled to look like an M2 for display, until I find a real one.
Thanks, Regards, Steve

Kilroy, I've wached your auctions for your M8 ap practice mines and don't think your prices are unreasonable. I would bid but already have 3 of my own. The fuses for these things seem to be rarer than the mines themselves. Good luck with your auctions.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Gijunkman, for you I will tell that all mine are from internet auctions, here in Spain it is impossible to find this and we have no shows, you know "Spain is different".... and I hate it.

As far as i know there is a ECRA chapter in Spain.. called Asociacin Espaola de Coleccionistas de Cartuchos
maybe you should follow this link http://www.cartucheria.org/ for more info.