What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

95mm Close Support

RichardB

Premium Member
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can tell me more about the British 95mm close support gun as used in the Cromwell (Centaur) and to a lesser extend the Churchill after D-Day.

Does anyone have any drawing / specs of the projectiles, cases or fuzes for the HE, HEAT and SMOKE rounds used.

Rich

Rich,theres some info in the Armourer magazine issue 37 jan/feb 2000 pages 49-52.There are some pictures as well ,not great quality but they are there

just read the....
BE Smoke used the No390 Fuze
HE Round used the No119 Fuze
Heat Round used the No233 Fuze

If you still want information I have a Technical Ammunition Letter from just after WW2 that covers this ammunition. It is a rough scan but readable. It is 820K Pdf. I am not sure the best way to get it to you. Can you send pdfs via the forum?

Here some drawings of the four types i know. If wanted i can also place some pics of a restored HE

Regards

DM

Attachments

• 95MM02.jpg
    95MM02.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 95 MM smk1.jpg
    95 MM smk1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 95MM.jpg
    95MM.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 78