What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealers images???

christhurston

Premium Member
Hello All,
I've not posted anything for a while,nothing much has happened to my miniscule ordnance collection in recent weeks.There are several interesting bits on their way to me however,one of which being a 1918 dated EOC 1 1/2 pdr cartridge case with a multitude of marks on it.

I'll need to post pics if this or anything else I get is of interest to anyone,can I use a dealers images? I'm trying to postpone any hamfisted attempts I might make with a camera of my own,but I think I'm starting to grasp the idea of cutting and pasting.If I can use the images direct from a dealers website this will simplify matters no end.

Can I do this?Do I need the dealers permission to do so?

Chris.

At least it's polite to ask first. I have seen some of my auction pictures copied to different websites without having been asked from me nor any credit mentioned. I'm not so happy about this though I would gladly have given my permission if ever asked.:sad:

I always think that the best way is post your own pics. Those pics can be good or bad, but are from your hand and nobody can say you anything. Also, today is very easy with a digi camera to upload pics to any website or forum like this. Just my opinion.

Many thanks for your thoughts on this chaps,I am only thinking of doing this with pieces I had actually bought,whether this means I've also bought the images,I'm unsure.I would always ask the dealer first just in case.

I'll eventually have to grasp the nettle and get a suitable camera,but as probably the least tech savvy person on the planet,I'm filled with foreboding!!!!

At least it's polite to ask first. I have seen some of my auction pictures copied to different websites without having been asked from me nor any credit mentioned. I'm not so happy about this though I would gladly have given my permission if ever asked.:sad:

I too have had some of my fuzes splashed all over the WAF forum by a member here and he didnt ask me either!
As t-mine correctly states,its nice to be asked!

best

waff

I wouldn't dream of doing such things,waff.I'm being extremely optimistic that I'll even be able to when I try!!!My computer skills are painful to behold,the pickle I got myself into with Birdseye's dowwnloads doesn't bear thinking about!!!

Dunno. When I buy something I generally feel that the images that prompted me to buy it can be used by me. Usually, though, I end up making my own images since I think that I can do a better job. Never really thought about it. I suppose asking at the time of purchase would be best. I would definitely not use an image of something that I didn't buy without permission.