Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

WWII German Ordnance still dangerous

I haven't posted much, So I hope this German ordnance article lands on some interested ears....theres also an element of humour to it as well.

I was recently documenting my collection, photos, markings etc, and in doing so very nearly created a situation where my WWII Tiger round killed my post war live \"mini\" Tiger. Whilst taking a photo, I knocked over a German 8,8cm Sprgr 43 HE onto my cat. Fortunately, with 1 life down, the cat got away unscathed...lucky critter.!!...although I think he's now suffering \"Tiger Fear\"

Here's a picture of some of my large German Rounds.
    The rounds are Kwk42, Kwk43, Pak44, Kwk43 HE, Kwk36.

If anyone else has any German or other Odnance,....c'mon, post some pics....I did.
    W.
    Last edited by bolo; 13th May 2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Missing images

AndyD

Re:Dangerous German cats still at large

Don't let Richard see these!

Thanks

Oh Man!:woohoo:
    you can donate them to me if you want,to make you feel better after squashing the cat!

cheers

w.

Thanks

i very much love to see this kind of stuf esspecialy the panther item :woohoo: , but the team of this site was trying to set up a site of britisch ordnance, that's why i don't post any info of german stuf, because there is so little known about britisch stuf, and what is known, is not always reliable.
    please don't see this as a attack, it's just a kind of compliment to the makers of this site, and again, i'm mad to see this kind of ordnance, very great stuff :woohoo:

Thanks

3in,
    I don't take this as an attack. This site is becomming an excellent resourse, especially for British ordnance..However, if you look at the home page desciption for the site, Ordnance of other nationalities is welcomed.

I realise I might be in the minority here, so I thought I'd test the forum's interest by posting some ordnance from the famous German equipment... Panthers & Tigers. I do have quite a bit more German Ordnance, which I can show if other people are interested,...but I'd love to see and discuss others Ordnance.......so come on, post
    W.

Thanks

what i said, i love german ordnance most of all ( i think most of the world collectors do ), and the picture you posted is very very great.
    :silly: :woohoo:
    most of the info i have is also german.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 480 Posts

Ye know the problem, Brittish stuff, especially in a mint condition is rare to get and mostly very expensive. Most often parts are missing (inside fuze, smokebox, rubber bag above smoke ch.), and in contrast to german ammo they are very hard to get.. Next time I have some interesting WW2 British item , you're the first forum to see it.

By the way, you have a very fine collection of German shells. Must have cost a small fortune , especially the two KWK42 and the KWK43's .
    Are you shure the 12,8cm shellcase is Pak? I think it is flak. If it's a Pak shellcase you have a small fortune in your hands, I've been lookig for a Pak44 shellcase for over 20 years and I never even heard of one being traded, let
    alone offered.

Regards DJH

Thanks

Yep,german is my bag too!

w.

Thanks

Hi Pzgr40
    :-)...you've got me, you are absolutely correct, I think the 12,8cm Case is a FlaK 40 and not a Kwk82 (Jagdtiger), which I believe to be shorter. I left it in the photo to see if anyone would pick me up. I do have a \"spare\" 12,8cm Pzgr43 for swap for the Jagdtiger case. Its my understanding the 12,8cm Pzgr43 was only used in the Pak44 (PaK80) and L/55 Kwk82.

I still hold hope ill find the correct case, but for the moment. Ill leave in this case.

So come on everyone...post some German Ordnance.

W.

oh..btw, I am aware it is two piece ammunition....and I know this because I have had to pick the damn stuff up...and you'd need biceps like a gorilla if it was single piece.

UBIQUE
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 703 Posts

This is what it says on the Home page
    \"Originaly developed for those interested in British ordnance ,now due to popular demand the site is now open to ordnance related posts of nationalities and all time periods\"
    in other words get Posting folks

Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by military EOD personnel .

Site administrator. damned if i do..damned if i dont

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast