What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First wall of my `war-room` almost complete!

waffenamt

A sneak-peek of my room..:)
my_collection.JPG

Its the MG34,marked up as manufactured by the Bruno works in occupied Czechoslovakia. Dated 1944,fully waffenamt stamped with most matching numbers.
De-ac from 2004,but still retains the `old style` spec and fully cocks,dry fires and can be mostly field stripped.
Im told that the guy i bought it from has an MG42 de-ac stashed and i get first dibs on it when he is selling it!:woohoo:
im glad now that i didn`t but any of those `dogs` on sale at beltring!:laugh:
Honestly fellas,this `34 is a minter and i can post more pics if you want?

cheers

w.

post away waff but please say whats in the pics as i dont know much about mgs apart from what i have in books and that aint much ,am i right in going by its looks that it is used as both aircraft and ground use

pictured so far is my PAK `41 round(forgot its proper name!),
a 10.5 cm thats up for restoration soon.
A FH18 brass case,my de-ac K98 leaning on the wall(is going above the MG soon).
That is a spare barrel(plugged) under the MG and the ammo box is a quite rare aluminium Fallshirmjager issue.
To the right is a Luftwaffe leather flying helmet and goggles, a fuze of a V1 buzzbomb and i think the silver fuze is a flak `30` variety.(i lose track until i sort a proper list out).
The cloth sacks are provision bags,probably grain or flour.
plenty more unseen yet! :eek:hmy:
cheers

w.

Oh yes spotter,i forgot to mention that indeedy the MG was also used in AA duties,but im sure the planes would have to be up close and personal for any success!

w.

It has changed around quite as bit since i originally took that one.
The stahlgranate 41 is now in a proper tube to display it,the K98 Mauser is mounted elsewhere in the room.
a few more shelves have also appeared too.
those wooden uprights holding my MG34 have ben replaced by some see-through(very strong) perspex ones.
Im also told that the sacks on the wall are not provision sacks but mailbags!

cheers

waff

cheers man!:)

I have three 88`s now in fromt of that white mailbag,a 3.7 FLAK round and a lovely bofors up on the shelf where the silicone spray can is.
also an SD4 bomb is on there now.
i will repost when its complete in a couple of months.
Tonight i will be mounting the Iron cross and other medals in an old cigar display cabinet i blagged from my tobacconist.

best

waff

War room

Hi Waff,
It will be nice to see the finished room, as you have some nice stuff there,
looking forward to seeing the pics.
panzer 1 dave.

Hi Dave,Things have changed a little since that first pic.
Here is a more recent one for you!
cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7003274.jpg
    S7003274.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Improvements !

Hi Waff that is really coming along nicely now ! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Love the "88s"
Keep up the good work matey !

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Thank you Dawn:tinysmile_shy_t:
good to hear from you again!

Stay tuned for new pics this week.

waff

WAFF !!! Your room has FILLED and it looks like it's still growing :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
It really looks great.
You know ...I just realized something about these Forums that is really cool. I saw your 34 on the wall and I smiled ..I remembered how happy you were to find that and how nice it was ...and that was , how long ago ? (probably less but , it feels like 2 years ago)
Funny how thanks to our Forums ..collectors can really share , even over a long distance .