What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3" 60Lb SAP rocket , Brittish WW2

pzgr40

Premium Member
Who can help me on a cutaway drawing of a WW2 Brittish 60Lb SAP warhead of a 3in rocket, a cutaway drawing of the motor (including the ignition cartridge, powder stick, venturi closing cap and electric wiring.
This to correctly produce a cutaway model of such a missile.
I am also looking for detailed pictures of the rail mountiong clamps on the rocket.
Thanks in advance, regards DJH

would drawings similar to this be of use to you ,i have also sent you a PM
djh.jpg

Re:3\" 60Lb SAP rocket , Brittish WW2

Thanks , the next question is placed on this forum, as I think the biggest chance of finding these parts is the UK: Who can help me on the electric leads and the plug on the end.
If anyone has one or is able to get one, please report
Thanks in advance, DJH

HI Pzgr 40

I have had a look and i can get you the plug end for the rocket. if you like i bring it with me on the fair of 03 nov????

Regards

DM 53

That would be great, I am still waiting for that part. It would enable me to completely finish the rocket.
Thanks in advance,
Regards, DJH

Rockets mounted underwing on Typhoon aircraft
a1typhoon4.jpg

some film of the aircraft and the rockets
{youtube}Iffnw_rbB1Q{/youtube}

Does anybody know the correct coulor of the cordite stick in the motor. I now painted it yellow. Is this the correct colour?
Thanks in advance ,
Regards DJH

Thank you very much. I exactly used the right colour (No.2):laugh:
So, very soon there will be a nice 3\"SAP rocket cutatwy model on the forums.:eek:hmy:
Thanks
DJH

By the way, that Typhoon movie is very nice . Is there any way I can download it?

Gary,

It is from a 1946 publication by the Ministry of Supply on 'Rocket Stores'.