What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 stick grenade original and fake stick stamps

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Just got a genuine stick grenade handle,to display alongside my cutaway fake grenade,Both the fragmentation rings are also original.
Anyway to the markings.The fake is lightly stamped odo 43 with a eagle .The grenade handle below is the original and is nicely stamped into the wood RR 791 1939 with an eagle printed or stamped below with some writing my old eyes cant make out
bocnDSC00085.jpg

complete fake cutaway with original frag ring,original stick and frag ring below
bocnDSC00087.jpg

The grenade handle below is the original and is nicely stamped into the wood RR 791 1939 with an eagle printed or stamped below with some writing my old eyes cant make out.
I have never seen a German M/24 with a cast thread base, are you sure it is original?
Or is it simply corroded and looks like it has been cast?

Shouldn't the 1939 dated stick have connector ring attached with screws instead of pressed down notches?
Spotter, if you need an original connector with screws PM me and I'll send one.

Hi Tmine Thank you but i no longer have this ,now only have the replica one,this was the only original one i had but i let one of the fellow bocn members have it as they needed one for a project