What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3in mortar converted for the Smith Gun

roller63

Premium Member
Hi Guys, good to be back, shame about the pics, thought I would post this as a start. As there was a post about the myth of being able to fire 2\" mortars from the PIAT, which of course you could not, I thought I would show this pic I have of a 3\" WP mortar fitted with an adaptor cartridge to enable it to be fired from the Home Guard weapon, the Smith Gun, oficially caled the ordnance smooth bore 3\" ( OSB ) if anyone has a Smith Gun shell going spare, I would really like one. I have more pics of these shells I will post at a later date. Tony.

Ok, the pic was too big, so I have compresed it a bit and hope this works. Also a smiley worked its way into the description where it says \"OSB\" and not os smiley ! take note of the Smith Gun cartridge fitted to the tail of the bomb. Tony.
WP_smoke_3_mor_for_smith_gun.jpg