What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relic wings...

waffenamt

Hi all,

I just got a set of SD2 butterfly bomb wings that are in a relic condition.
Would you guys recommend them being soaked in a tub of diesel for a while to see if i can free the hinges a bit?

cheers
waff

Hi,deisel or paraffin is ok,much better than using such stuff as wd40.After a few days try moving parts carefully.You can help unseize hinges by using a small.ie panel pin hammer and lightly tapping the seied area with small blows if your carefull this wont mark the metal,this shocks the rusted metal and helps release it.Just be patient and dont rush it.Got some pics of it? T.

Hi Waff,

You could try electrolysis but be carfull with this on small parts. this will remove and free up
moving parts. PM me and i'll send all details and destructions you will need.
Nick

thanks Nick,i will be in touch later in the week.
im just trying to sort some jobs out now to earn some loot for the Leeds show next weekend.

best :)

waff

No probs...shame its so close to x-mas or i'd be going myself also been buyin shed loads from Europe the last couple of weeks.nealry skint !

Cheers

Nick

Yeah sorry lads with the lack of pics.
I really am run ragged with the extra jobs im doing!:S

waff