What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dents

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi Dose anybody have any idea how to get dents out of cases, i have a 3.7 AA case with some dent's about halfway down the case, or do i have to live with it:laugh:
Andy

Dent removal can be achieved by using an "air bag" similar to those used by the Fire brigade but only much smaller-try a search on the net for either-
Air bags
High pressure air bags
If they are small dents, perhaps you cold try "annealing" the case in the dented area and tapping them out from inside with a small ball pein hammer as you will have room inside to manoeuver the hammer and get a small swing to hit the right spots.

Failing that I have made a very small "Jack" that sits inside the case and uses a bolt that is unscrewed inside thus expanding the length and pushing out the dent-you must be careful to make sure the other side away from the dent is well padded or better than that supported on a block of wood to spread the load.
I hope this makes sense !

Good luck

Ammodillo is absolutly correct-water pressure is much much safer than compressed air !

Nice one Ammodillo:cheer: