What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

95 MM

DM 53

I have some pics of the 95 HEAT projectile but is there someone who has the smoke version ( flat top) in his collection. Also drawings are more then welcom. Attached 95 MM HE and SMOKE.

Best regards

DM 53
UK_items_004.jpg

Hi DM,

Sorry, no flat top 95mm smoke, but an unfired and badly painted version of the one you have. I also shown is a 25PDR smoke. The rounds are dated 1943 and 44 respectively.

The only pictures I have of 95mm rounds are from the Armourer magazine issue 37...which i think spotter pointed me towards.

So as DM said, if anyone has any 95mm close support pictures / reference materials...please post em !!

The rounds are

25PDR 1943 Smoke
95mm CS 1944 Smoke

British___Smoke_rounds.jpg

Rich

Well now we have more people on board....Harry, Daz, Quatermass, Mad etc, does anyone else have any 95mm CS rounds they'd like to discuss.
..one of my fav;s and i don't know enough abou them.

Rich

This is all the 95mm stuff i could find this morning,sorry but you will need to translate it,but is this type of stuff you want ?

S_38__95_MM_SPRENGGRANATE.jpg

Hi Spotter,

Many thanks. I have been looking for for information for a long while now.

If there is someone who has problmes with translations into Egnlish please contact me

Regards

DM 53

I have this drawing of a TYPICAL flat top smoke if thats any use to you sorry but theres no size for this round.These originally used to be ignited by the flash of the gun melting a solder plug in the base but this also caused the full fore of the propellant gases to blow out the contents out of the shell.This was solved by having a delay instead of the solder

050.jpg

DM, Spotter,

Thanks for the pictures and drawings....they're excellent and exactly what I was looking for. ...and if anyone has one for sale, let me know ;-) (ok, im shameless!! )

In the picture of my 95mm Smoke and 25pdr Smoke, the 25pdr has original paint...does anyone know what colour this is???

finally, and i hope this is ok, the 95mm was used in several vehicles, but most commonly seen in the 95mm CS Cromwell (called Centaur) an example of which is at Lion-Sur-Mer, Normandy.

Centaur_Lion_sur_Mer_Normandy.jpg

Rich

Here is a section Drawing of the smoke projectile & drawing of some of the rounds, I'll have to invest in a scanner one of these days.
Harry
MVC_772S.JPG

Here is a section Drawing of the smoke projectile & drawing of some of the rounds, I'll have to invest in a scanner one of these days.
Harry
MVC_770S.JPG

Harry
MVC_770S-b922d8fa1532dde5febd337ed6c01026.JPG

Harry
MVC_772S-eae669037fb04f9b73f21b709b5a5f43.JPG

Harry
MVC_772S-77e62bdb2be9e3ce5ffeb6870229e387.JPG