What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German incendiary

waffenamt

Hi chaps,
here is a couple of shots of my latest sectioned item.
:)

waff.
S7001429.jpg

Question..Should i pin the tail back on with small brass tacks or should i transplant the pins from some relic tails i bought a while ago??

cheers

waff

Transplant with the small Original split pins,,Thats a really nice cutaway waff,i had a go at that one of mine ,its a wreck the insides are all burnt and melted together

Thanks for the info and compliment spotter!:)
It was a risk as the incendiary was the best of the bunch i had.

waff

Heres the sorry state of mine once cut open,you can see where its burnt and bubbled the insides,,now a piece of scrap :angry:
-d18b8ddb133f4ed181c25924b6c094ee.jpg

Hello waff no nothing really salvageable,even the fuze section is welded with the heat,ill tidy up whats left and keep it just as n example which is all i wanted it for originaly,just didnt expect it to be so bad inside..looks like it had ignited and been put out

Bummer man:( ,
I will keep an eye out for you if you want?
I think mine came from either Hull(found in a field) or Cyprus.
I think it may have been the latter.
The Hull found one has the steel tile-breaker nose on it so im not messing with that one.

cheers

waff

I would try to keep it as original as possible... (thats just me though)

I love the cutaways....

I wish I could so them as good..... looks like spotter and I have the same skill level :D

Apparently there are thousands of duds around the country in nooks and crannies in lofts that lodged there during the war and were never found. When we re-boarded our loft all we found was a marble :(

and if you do find one in your loft or anywhere else ,leave it alone and call the police

@Spotter wrote 'Heres the sorry state of mine once cut open,you can see where its burnt and bubbled the insides,,now a piece of scrap'

Didn't you know that the casing is made of a special alloy?
Elektron is made to burn and melt.. B)

Yes i did ,but many that are available over here are mint and un burnt,,Mine was already partially burnt inside before i started cutting it