What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sectioned german 5cm mortar

waffenamt

I do like how this has turned out!
I hope you boys do as well!
S7001431.jpg

Decide to display this with its transit cap as i only have one metal and one bakelite fuze,so i didnt fancy butchering them!

close up..
S7001432.jpg

close up of primer/det.
I was gutted as the `w` got a bit damaged whilst being converted.
still turned out great to me though!;)
S7001433.jpg

Again another nice cut waff,im sure youll get another fuze at the fairs to get cut for it

Im sorry,since Im new to the site Ive spent all my time reading old strings and posts,so sorry to be such a late bloomer,but this one I couldnt help popping in on,I have what I believe to be a 5cm mortar fuse,baklite,already sectioned.I picked it up from a dealer here who said it had come from an ord officers estate.Sorry for the bad pic.I really must update my pictures.

Picture to accompany Lou,s post

Im sorry,since Im new to the site Ive spent all my time reading old strings and posts,so sorry to be such a late bloomer,but this one I couldnt help popping in on,I have what I believe to be a 5cm mortar fuse,baklite,already sectioned.I picked it up from a dealer here who said it had come from an ord officers estate.Sorry for the bad pic.I really must update my pictures.

2_010.jpg

I might be willing to_Or maybe trade for something? Spotters helping me get a pic up so look and make sure it would be something you would want.Its a half section,with a good view of the arming piston. Talk to you soon I hope?

Think ive identified your fuze as a Wgr.Z.T or wurfgranatzuender T
An Impact fuze made of Trolitul which was a type of moulded plastic
Used with
5cm mortar
80mm mortar
100mm mortar
and others

anyone confirm the above findings

Hi guys. Well finally I figured out how to resize. Thanks for your help Spotter,and by the way your ID was correct.Because of the cut process the only marking left is the Wg. Heres a good pic,hope you enjoy.
Ord_014__864_x_648_-24d5c3a9c9860e7bd46bec0690464e52.jpg