What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bd.Z 42a

M

Mariusz Loslau

Hi,
Anybody have some info abaut this German base fuze? Drawings or something?
We find some strange and unknown german 4cm AP projectiles (Possible navy) with this fuze.

Regard's

Attachments

• bdz42a2ab8.jpg
    bdz42a2ab8.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 43
  • bdz42a1vn6.jpg
    bdz42a1vn6.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 37
Hi Loslau!

It was used in the Spgr. L'Spur. Zerl. 4cm Navy shells.
This fuze has got a self destruction element, through the tracer.
I don't have a picture about this fuze.

Regards,

Last edited:
@FHGrStg,
There's a Lot of wrong info on the forum. When I am writing postings I have to be carefull about the info from books as well as the internet I use to write my posting. It has caused me some embaressment in the past !!
Lower in the list under 3,7cm shells it is correctly noted. It should however be removed from the 4 cm as far as I know.

regards DJh

Last edited:
Hi,
Pzgr40 ; fuze looks the same - but projectile not.
This AP projectiles what we find in Poland was 4cm not 3,7cm and was without ballistic cup, and with only one drawing band (FES).

Here this projectile, and packing from inside. All find with 40 x 311 case's.

Regaeds.

Attachments

• dsc00602.jpg
    dsc00602.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi Mariusz, that would simply mean you came across an up till now unknown and/or undescribed type of 4 cm APHE shell. Very interesting. If they happen to find lots of them, please keep one for me. I'll make it end up as a forum cutaway model.
Regards DJH