What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projectile Id please

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
This is Tigbrands he would like the projectile identifying please,,
Tigbrand do you have any measurements for it as it looks very small,,ive seen a few very small ones similar to this been sold recently as manaufacturers samples
1a1tigbranddc84_1_1_.jpg

Tigbrand can you post some measurements please,and any markings if any , , , thanks spotter

Hi Spotter all i know is its aprox 4 inches tall,i thought it was an Ap sabot but its described as being marked T R B 1917.Ive sold the trench art shoes already so its only cost me 2.75!

Tigbrand ill offer you chance to make a profit ,ill give you fiver for it plus post,,i got out bid on this pair this week on ebay which sold for 7.51
12d3_1.jpg

Hi Spotter .If its a sample or owt you can have it for nowt! Im sure its not though, ive seen one before and cant think where.When it arrives i will get some better pics and find out.I still owe you one though! Cheers Tony.

Hi Tigbrand

It is difficult to judge from the photo as it is foreshortened, but if it is about four inches long then the calibre could be about 1 inch?

I would be very interested to see some decent photos plus dimensions. The markings suggest it is British, and the lack of a driving band is unusual.

I look forward to seeing more.

Regards
TonyE

Hi,yes will get pics posted as soon as possible,does your small arms collecting go this big?Cheers Tony.

I normally only collect up to 15mm BESA, but make the occasional exception for WWI aircraft armament.

Now we have some close ups of your proj., it looks like it is missing the driving band judging by the location marks. That and the stamping on the nose makes me wonder if the previous suggestion of it being a sample is correct. It does look like a miniature shell.

Other than that I am afraid i have no useful suggestions!

Regards
TonyE