What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fake oe Real...

Hi jeeeensy,

I was refering to another dealer but it does beg the question, does anyone ever leave truthful feedback on ebay?
If i get good service, communication and or quick payment then I'm honest but if the service, item or buyers crap does anyone give them a neutral or, God forbid a negative?
Everyone (and a include myself) are to worried about keeping there 100% record to dare be anything other than positive, which makes a mockery of the whole system.

Did you leave the seller positve feedback?

I hope that its not a fake, but if it is then you'll not make the same mistake again. I've made bigger boobs than 50. Ho hum you live and learn. :S

Quatermass

Hi Jeeensy,
I have just got word in from a friend who is big on wartime knives/daggers.
Im afraid he tells me bad news with your trench knife.:(

He says the makers mark is incorrect plus you can still see milling marks on the part of the knife where the blade attaches.
In general the knife looks way to new for its age.
sorry buddy,it looks like a duffer im afraid.
Like Q says,i think we have all been bummed with ebay now and again.
you are better off getting back to basics and buying from the fairs nowadays.

waff

Cheers Waff.

Thanks to all helping out on this one.

its only a 50.00 but it is the thought of being mugged. and yup i to got mugged from a certain dealer in France that tucked up a few fellow members.

anyway,
I have just mailed the dorris i am to buy it from explaining that i will buy if have to ,,,but bear in mind it was not as advertised.well go from there.

As the saying goes \"dont argue with idiots as they will beat you everytime with experience\".

stop mentioning that french crook,,:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
see you got me all upset again

thought i better edit this

:laugh: spotter,you bad lad!

Jeensy,you dont have to buy that knife if you are not happy.
just explain that its a bummer and you dont want it.

simple as mate.

best

waff

I agree with Waffenamt, you can either get 1 negative feedback or spend 70 on something you dont want.
I know which one i'd rather have (its the 70 on the hip!)
Tell him thanks but no thanks, he's not likly to cross the Atlantic to hunt you down!:laugh:

Quatermass

Also,dont forget that you can re-reply to negatives and im sure the guy would not like you to put
\"Found out it was a fake,didnt want to buy it.\" or similar.......:)

waff

Nice reply Spotter,,, sorry to get you all upset:lol:
Ive been trying to cancel the poxy e-chegue with pay-pay for the last 5 days
... no responce from them . 3 e-mails later and still nowt...:angry: Baahhh!!!
thanks for the resonce guys. well appreciated.. keep you posted. God I need a drink :S :S

Cheers Nick

Glad we could help a fellow forum member!:p

speaking of drink,im just working my way through a can of Polish beer called `Tyskie`

good stuff!:p

waff

Just to throw some fuel on the fire........
It seems some of the boys over at MCF are split over the originality of your knife Jeeensy!:blink:

up to you mate if its a keeper or not.
best
waff

Cheers Chaps,, I have mailed the seller again but no responce..the cheque claers tommorow
so i'll know one way or another if the seller needs 77.00 tha much. but on another note I
did take delivery of a very nice M1917 Cammo helmet today. (the one in my profile)

Time for a pint
Jeeeensy

HooRahh! :lol: Just Had a mail from the seller, and a full refund sent today.
Thanks to all on this one, I'll stick to stick grenades in the future. Or should
I venture into the unkown!!!!! Nahh!

Waff I'll send the wings as soon as I get them.

Thanks Jeeensy,i will have a winkle around my swapsies and see what i can come up with.;)

cheers

waff