What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Aquisition !!! Bloody Heavy !

Gspragge

Premium Member
The barrel for one of these German WW1 Mortars, used for gas and concrete HE projectiles. Wooden, wire wrapped--- just like the 15th century !

Attachments

• IMG_7630.jpg
    IMG_7630.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_7631.jpg
    IMG_7631.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 89
  • MWwire&wood.jpg
    MWwire&wood.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 78
wow

almost as big as the supository my missus had once!
did i really say that!

I've lost all my pencils ~

In 1919 the CEF brought back all of the captured German Machine guns, Cannon , well pretty much every thing including a Junkers ground attack aircraft and an AEG Bomber (we still have these). Lots of the guns went to War memorials. The War Museum had I believe four of these monsters, one is complete. The others were just barrels, and they deaccessioned the barrels ( a pain in the A-s for sure they were) and this is one. There are serial number records of where these were captured and by whom, but I don't know if this has a number, or if it did on a plate, that is gone now.

What will I do with it ? A - possibly trade it to a worthy institution if any are interested (feel free to tell any if you know one interested - shipping will be frightful unless it's a Government job) B- use it as a fine Decorative Thing of beauty ! --
Todays Quote - " Have you no Restraint - can you never say No" said the person here with absolutely none of those qualities!-----
I said it's a thing of Beauty - you always said you liked the Primitive - becareful what you ask for ~