What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The very best bitter

Well I have to admit

On having an old Porcelain bowl with some style - the water tank broke for no apparent reason causing a flood. It took me three months to find and re-install an old oak tank with a non cracking copper liner------ non of those modern horrors for me- But I digress - this is about Beer right !

(nothing comes back, and if it does I'm running)

A New Great Canadian Beer

Brewed in St Thomas Ontario, so it is difficult to get --

**** DEAD ELEPHANT ALE****

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 8
Good old Green King IPA is hard to beat. Had a sesh on Adnams TallyHo the other day and it wasn't until the 6th or so pint we realised it was 8.1% lol a messy evening indeed...

Agree Charlie, Green King IPA is a nice beer if kept ok, good for a sesh. Bet the head was bad after the Adnams.

Andy

On draught,

Adnams Broadside.
Abbot Ale.
Hobgoblin.
Old Peculier.

Bottled,

Blandford Fly.
Old Glory.
Poachers Choice.

Use to stay at the Mucky Duck ( The Black Swan ) hotel/boozer in Peasholm Green in York,, they had a bitter called Landlords,, was all the slops sent back and re-brewed,, great good pint,, then they stopped it :( ,,,,,

mmmmmmmmmm beer good idea off up the shops now reading all these posts has made me thirsty

best lee

Best Beer is in need of Barmaids.

So here one one of Santas little helpers.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Attachments

• Christmas 2009.jpg
    Christmas 2009.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 12
Here in the West Country, the best cider I've tasted is made by a farmer in the small village of Mudgley, (a few miles west from Wells). You would be well advised to take a non-drinking driver as the farmer likes you to taste from a selection of his brews with some lovely bread and cheese! He also produces the most delicious Perry, (made from pears instead of apples), the result is a smooth easily drunk beverage, but beware, it may seem to taste innocent but is actually very strong. Once tried never fogotten, just having one is not an option.
Mmm, I seem to have developed quite a thirst.
Cheers,
navyman.