What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVU-ET bomb fuze, USSR

Mrfuze

Premium Member
Hello together,
I want to shear some images of a cutaway of mine, which is in the MTRC reference collection. It is the AVU-ET impact bomb fuze, used by the Russians from the 70's to current times. The fuze can be used as a nose fuze, a tail fuze or as a transverse fuze. It incorporates an all-ways action impact feature and a dual firing mechanism, one for the long delay circuit (10-14sec) and the other for the non-delay/short (0.02-0.04sec) or medium (0.06-0.09sec) delay circuit. The fuze also incorporates an electrically initiated pyrotechnical arming/safety device. The fuze was used in OFAB 100/120; 250/270; FAB-500M, FAB-500Sh; ZB-500 (inc.) & others.
Enjoy the images!
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• AVU-ET cut, 1, USSR,.jpg
    AVU-ET cut, 1, USSR,.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 131
  • AVU-ET cut, 1a, USSR,.jpg
    AVU-ET cut, 1a, USSR,.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 106
  • AVU-ET cut, 1b, USSR,.jpg
    AVU-ET cut, 1b, USSR,.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 98
  • AVU-ET cut, 1d, USSR,.jpg
    AVU-ET cut, 1d, USSR,.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 91
  • AVU-ET cut, 1e, USSR,.jpg
    AVU-ET cut, 1e, USSR,.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 88
Hi Erhard
Its nice to see a sectioned fuze over the years ive had lots of these fuzes , and always wondered how they functioned . thank you

I've also wondered about these, thanks for the post! BTW: The umbilical for the initiator, how long was this? Have seen some that appear to be over 12", this one obviously not.

Dave Mason

Avu-et

yes, I shortened the cable in order to see all the internal parts so that I don't had to wrap the cable around the fuze body.
All fuzes I saw have had the same length of arming cable.
Mrfuze, USA