What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/S mk 10 mortar case.

tigbrand

Premium Member
This is another E bay item,have seen this listed a few times with no bids,so bought it,not a lot of people seem to bother with this sort of stuff,i find it more interesting than a lot of the more commonly collected stuff.may not be very valuable,but certainly rare. I have a service issue case for this as well.

ammo_392.jpg

AAA_limbo.jpg

Cartridge for the Limbo Anti Submarine mortar 10 (A/S 10), the ultimate development of the Hedgehog forward throwing A/S system.

Just like the smaller Squid launcher (A/S 3) case?s could be purpose made or conversions from other service case?s.

The A/S 3 (63x170R)is often found as a cut down Hotchkiss 6 Pdr case.

My A/S 10 case is conversion from a 77mm Comet cartridge. A/S case is 87x304R?

Not really my area of collecting so if any one wants to swap something for them drop me a line.

\"Just like the smaller Squid launcher (A/S 3) cases could be purpose made or conversions from other service cases.

The A/S 3 (63x170R)is often found as a cut down Hotchkiss 6 Pdr case.

My A/S 10 case is conversion from a 77mm Comet cartridge. A/S case is 87x304R?\"

so these are actually quite a large cartridge,,im going to look in the junk shops a bit closer now,wonder how many times ive walked past stuff thinking someones chopped stuff down to make vases

Hi Spotter,

The A/S 3 cases is not that hard to find,the bigger A/S 10 is a lot rarer but as the cases aren't as desirable as other areas of ordnance collecting they can be picked up relativerly cheeply.

Its always worth picking up every case and just cheeking that its not something special.

Quatermass.

Hi,Thanks for the posts chaps,the squid case is rare i would imagine,you dont find 6 pdr V naval cases all that often,so this has to be even more scarce. I have a couple of other mortar cases,one a cut down 3pdr restamped with tons of marks and a case marked 12 A/S.Cheers Tony.

I'm interested but have nothing to swap yet. What I need is a case about 3 inches dia and 20 in long. If this is suitable and you want to sell please reply