What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Grenade

roller63

Premium Member
Hi Again Guys,
Can anyone ID the dark green grenade in this picture from the net, centre top, with string around ? I am thinking possibly Spanish, but not sure. Tony.

pic this time !
mod.jpg

Nice collection!:)

why do you suspect its spanish? is ther some markings on the grenade body or top?

cheers

waff

Hi Waff,
The pic is from the net, but I do have all the other grenades in the picture in my collection somewhere, mostly boxed up at the moment, pending building work and changing location etc.
I think it may be Spanish because of the colour and design is similar to other Spanish grenades and the one to the left of it, black bakelite, is Spanish too. Tony.

hello tony

I know only 4 grenades
1 Spanish grenade PO I (2 position always fuze and delay)
2 Grenade former Yugoslavia M 73 controled fragmentation
3 Grenad former-USSR FI
4 Grenada former-USSR RDG
sorry for three others
cheers
Jean Paul
6k8tdz4.jpg

B1.jpg
Hallo!

Idendifizierung der Handgranaten- Idendifizierung of the grenades.

Nummer 4 ist russische bungshandgranate URG-N, auch in der DDR verwendet.
Number 4 is a Russian practise grenade URG-N, used also in the GDR.

Nummer 5 ist eine DDR-bungshandgranate mit Knallsatz. Number 5 is a GDR-practise grenade with bang set.

Bild_1.jpg
Hier ein Bild von Nummer 5 mit Kallsatz.
Here a picture of number 5 with Kallsatz

the green grenade to right spanish is a finnish hand granade

Thanks for identifying Pat,,It may take a while to get identification sometimes but eventually someone will come along along who knows what things are.
Welcome to BCN as well Pat

Yes thanks Pat and everyone else who contributed to this thread, I had forgotten about it. I have a few Finnish grenades in my colllection, but not one like this. They do tend to be somewhat unusual in design. Thanks again, Tony.

Hh??? Thats my pictures from a Hand Grenade Lot...

The green is a practice with sand filling from the portugal army.

2 Grenade former Yugoslavia M 73 controled fragmentation
- that is not correct! Its a M73 Practice from Belgium.

Hh??? Thats my pictures from a Hand Grenade Lot...

The green is a practice with sand filling from the portugal army.

- that is not correct! Its a M73 Practice from Belgium.

in former yugoslavia there were two main types of frag handgrenades:

m52 and m75

Bild_1.jpg
Hier ein Bild von Nummer 5 mit Kallsatz.
Here a picture of number 5 with Kallsatz

The simulator charge belonging to this practice grenade is a special one with a time delay and vent holes in the case head. It is painted all red. Using a regular flare cartridge as shown in the image may kill you.