What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mauser Tankgewehr M1918

Isn't the cutoff date for "antique" weapons in the USA set at made before 1st January 1898?

Here in the UK it is made before 1st Januaury 1939. However, this applies only to muzzle loaders and breech loading weapons on a list of specific obsolete calibes. For example, a .303 Rifle made in 1900 is still always legally classed as a firearm as .303 is not on the list.

I could be mis-informed on the 100 yr old rule but am pretty sure. I bought a 1912 dated Lebel pistol last year with no paperwork using the 100 year rule. It was from a dealer and I have no FOID card? Dan

Isn't the FOID card an Illinois state law?

Are you allowed to shoot the Lebel pistol or just own it as a collector's item?

You may be right Falcon, I don't shoot the Lebel as I have not had a smithy check it out yet, I do shoot the trap door Springfield. Oh well illegal is a sick bird.......Dano

Last edited:
Was telephoned by a dealer here in the U.S. yesterday. Over the years I have bought a great many pieces of WW1 ordnance from him. Anyways he was giving me first shot at buying the German WW1 13mm anti-tank rifle complete with all 3 different bi-pods for the gun. Condition was superlative. Oh and the price $22,000.00us. I went through my penny jar and came up a tad short. If anyone in the U.S. interested in this gun PM me. Is it worth the price? Hard to say. Is gasoline worth $3.25 a gallon? A fair price is and always has been whatever the market will bear. I did not see the rifle but my dealer assures me it is top condition................Dano

Yes Jean's rifle is a beauty with the wood work in wonderful condition. I did not see all the dates of the rounds but he is missing some, whereas I just look for a few!!!! His ammo pouch is a hard to find item too.
I have a lead on one rifle but it has no bolt so again anybody sitting on a spare bolt can charge me a hefty price.
Mark

Combining the threads has made the 'thread' most interesting so if anyone is wondering why I appear to be randomly commenting you will know why :tinysmile_shutup_t:.
US$22k is far too much even with bipods and rounds. Do you have any details of the sale? Mark

The going avg price in the US for a G+ condition example is $8000-$10,000. I recently sold one, and it was a bitch to pack and ship.
And FWIW, there is no such thing as the "100 year rule" in US firearms definitions. Pre-1898 is an antique and no paperwork is needed, and older than 50 years is C&R eligible.

Great contributions on the T Gewehr - two questions please what can members say about the 2 types of T Gewehr. I am told there are two patterns with one having a shorter barrel.
Secondly I am also informed that there is a training round, but all steel. Can this be confirmed by anyone?
I have now secured one T Gewehr but of course it has no bolt so if anybody has a spare bolt then pse call me. Again the 13mm ammo (any dates) remain well hidden from me!!!
so anybody in UK or Europe please shout.
Happy Christmas.
Mark

Here a nice label from October 1918.

tuf_zpsbf6790a0.png

451kr.

Still looking for all T Gewehr accessories and especially 13 mm rounds. I will re-post the imagery as earlier pictures have gone.