What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help needed with cutaway

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello im in the process of cutting a WW2 German 20mm Madsen Naval round,,does anyone have a picture of the round painted and markings so i can repaint it as no original paint remains

progress so far

DSC00028.jpg

I only have info on Oerlikon,Solothurn and Mauser rounds.
Madsen?,thats a new one on me.
cheers

waff

Hi Spotter
Here is a couple of German 20mm Madsen rounds most of the paint has gone but you can still make it out the colours are Yellow ( goldgelb RAL1004 )with a red band possible ( Tomateenrot ( RAL3013 )
Harry
MVC_729S.JPG

I have another question ref this round,,what type of propellent was used was it flake or cordite sticks or whatever,,,thanks spotter

Hi Spotter
I can't find any thing on the type of propellent, i did find a drawing from a German manual it looks like tubular, sorry about the photo, scanners U/S
Harry
MVC_733S.JPG

I had a 20mm flak round years ago that had cordite type propellant in very small tube type granules ie 2mm,all in a silk type bag stamped in german in various letters,ive seen these on ebay from germany for 5 euros,so worth a look and the easy way to fill the case.