What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The trench

It's not much but this is a shot inside the mock WW1 trench I built in my basement to display collection. It was built 100% from materials I had laying around, abscounded from the town dump, and procured behind the local grocer. Back in the day I would call it an aboration, today I guess the word is green! Dano
By the way, trees were already cut so nature was not altered in any way (BFD) Dan

Attachments

• Picture 190.jpg
    Picture 190.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hi Dano

Hi Dano realy nice your trench ,i am from Germany i can help you a little bit with the spelling of this whats written in your trench the correct spelling should be Keine offenen Flammen and Granatwerfer 16 or Taube for the projetile and downwards Drcken sie den Knopf !!

I hope this will help you

Regards David

you are most welkomme

No Problem please feel free to ask me maybe one day i need your help for a english translation !!!
But a realy nice trench i collect nearly the same thinks as you and i can get a lot of experience of your trench !!!

Regards David

Wife

My wife was totally cool about it, she actually supports me in this hobby. She didn't even mind losing the small amount of cellar area Dan

Hi Dan,

thats damned good if i may say so. What are the measurements? How long did it take you to do it? Well done.

Andy

I like it ---

My basement looks like that naturally and the odd rodent gets in too ~

get a couple of taxidermied Rats, - or really good rubber ones. I always wanted to do that and broad arrow mark the Rats for fun --

Trench Rats

I also occasionally run across the occasional rodent in the trench. It is about 9 feet long 5 1/2 feet wide at top and again is something I threw together with available junk. After I had materials gathered took 2 days to erect. 6 pallates supplied behind my grocers store, sand bags mostly made from old couch I had hand sewn stuffed with batting, some junk lumber and sawed up tree branches. I have more time than money, and the money I do have i like to buy ordnance. Dano

Attachments

• Picture 198.jpg
    Picture 198.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 25
Hi Dan,
The trench looks great an interesting backdrop for the collection, cant say i have ever seen another one in a cellar.
Weasel.

Dan thats superb, I love the trench! Nice collection of Ordanance there as well...just what I like to see.
Nice M1913 Discus grenade ! also a hard one to find here in NZ,I managed to get mine at a local auction.
Regards
Andrew MG34NZ

My basement looks like that naturally and the odd rodent gets in too ~

get a couple of taxidermied Rats, - or really good rubber ones. I always wanted to do that and broad arrow mark the Rats for fun --

Actually, with your new acquisitions, a section of trench would be quite appropriate.

that looks like a BDU-33 or MK23 25lb practice bomb hanging in there. but it is pretty cool. my wife would have killed me.

bdu33

The US practice bomb is a usn BDU33 I picked up a a local army/navy surplus store. Does not fit with the WW1 scheme but got it for A song and the amount of stenciling just blew me away. I figure it is a practice bomb from the 1960's or so, and that's the nsme of that tune, and for 10.00 US I just had to have it. I collect WW1 but not totally limited to that. Thanks for showing interest and have good day Dno