What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barn Finds !

roller63

Premium Member
How often have you seen an item for sale, where the seller states that it was recently found in a French Barn or similar ? I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but more often than not it's just a story to entice the prospective buyer.
I found this picture recently on the net, but I cannot remember where, it shows top left a WW2 US Mk 2 Pineapple grenade, top right, A British No 82 Gammon grenade which looks swollen giving me the idea that the HE within has absorbed moisture, bottom left a US M 15 WP grenade and bottom right what looks like either a US Anti Tank rifle grenade or an early Bazooka round. All genuine period stuff found recently in the wall of a French Barn ! sorry for not having more details, but I thought it was worth sharing. Tony.
relics4.jpg

Now thats one good discovery,,behind the gammon looks like theres another ,some pressure rings off US mines and some other bits n pieces