What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 weapons and ordnance collection

Yep, ill echo that, my apologies Daz. I was genuienly trying to help.

Further more, I do recall Zunder and Pzgr40 strongly suggesting to ignore US reference material for German ordnance.....try to go on the German material for German ordnance wherever possible. I guess thats obvious when you think about it.

So, you have a fabulous 7,5cm Kwk38 L/24 with SprGr 34......boy we could do with a database for this kinda thing :)

Rich

Extra addition to the reaction of Quartermass

On the first page is also mentioned the Nebelgranate rot. I will try to post it this evening.

regards

DM 53

You put that humble pie spoon down straight away, I have learnt alot from the both of you and have pushed myself more than ever before to research an item properly, before just buying what looks right and nice. I have had some great information and learnt more than I could ever find in the few books or websites out there.

If you are not sure about an item I have is right still tell me because all the information coming in has been invaluable and it has been fun researching.

Cheers Darren

Now look at my french 37mm shell for me and lets start again LOL
(laughs out loud)

Soory my mistake the Nbr was already there but i ment the one with the KPS. this is the missing page

Scannen0077.jpg

Nebelgranate. Although it is not from the original it is always a good second one these datenblatter. I hope that it is possible to have a good look at them because normally they are approx 1,8 MB each

Regards

DM 53
7_5_cm_Kanonen_Granate_rot_Panzer-782526b522c81bebf0101f114f27ea32.JPG

Thanks guys you are great this info is fantastic where do you find these kind of things (original docs)so that i can look out for them on my travels and be able to share stuff like this with all of you.

Very nice rounds, and the 6 Pdr at 50-00 is an absolute steal:woohoo:

Is the paintwork on the German one original?

If it is not then someone has done a nice job on it.:cheer:

To go along with the container DM 53 posted, a container label which shows the Sprgr 34 shell and the case number 6354 St in the bottom right.

The other thing as far as I know the difference between KPS (copper) and FES(iron) drive bands is just time of production. KPS are early war then to save copper they switched to FES drive bands.
IMG_3858.JPG

New aquisition

karl_001.jpg

I know its not ordnance well the shell with it is I suppose LOL but I really like my new purchase of this karl 60cm heavy mortar prebuilt/painted model by dragon

Re:New aquisition

daz what are these dragonmodels/toys made from are they metal,,as i been thinking about buying some of the detailed weapons they have

Great model there Daz,but not really fitting on the pink background scene though!:p :laugh:

cheers

waff

Yeah I shouldnt of used richardb's castoffs for the background pic's.
Spotter the Dragon prebuilt tanks are some times a mixture for example the first prebuilt 1/35 tiger 1 I bought had a diecast hull and everything else was plastic the later battle of kursk wittman tiger 1 i bought was all plastic with metal weights screwed into the base to give it weight .
I think since it has got more expensive for manufacturers to use metal they have used more and more plastic But the build and finish has not suffered in any way and has actuallly got better,
If any one wants I can post some of the other model pics I have on here to look at .

Does anyone remember the german stick grenades worldwidesh#te were selling at one time they told me they were original at an arms fair years ago.:angry:

Yep , got burnt with WWA german stick grenade also, never bought off them since, the words "Genuine " and "Original" are used like confetti by a lot of dealers for a sale. Know you onions I suppose...