What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German FZ 60 fuze

Madbomber31

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
German FZ 60 Fuze,

FZ__60__12.jpg

Mad

Oh I like that!
i have one of these that i have to restore.
Is this the one that was used for opening supply canisters?

cheers

waff

fz60_3.jpg
At the end of the set time the ignition needle pretense by a compression spring pierces the Anzndhtchen,

The so originating ignition ray lights a black powder tablet which is in the screwed on fuse jack. The gas printing originating from it does the mole element down and the cable controlled by the fuse jack splits and the parachute is released.
Joerg

fz60_3.jpg
At the end of the set time the ignition needle pretense by a compression spring pierces the Anzndhtchen,

The so originating ignition ray lights a black powder tablet which is in the screwed on fuse jack. The gas printing originating from it does the mole element down and the cable controlled by the fuse jack splits and the parachute is released.
Joerg
Hallo,
this very well written text in german is translated to gibberish by the so stupid computer translation program. The text says: That after the preset time the clockwork releases the springloaded firing pin onto the cap. The flash of the cap ignites a black powder tablet, the resulting gaspressure accelerates a knifeblade which cuts through the parachute holding line threaded through the hole in the boostercase.