What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRITISH \"L\" SERIES 120mm PROJECTILES

...and from the side.

British___120mm_L_HESH2.jpg

So can you tell me anything about this round?

Harry, I notice you haven't got this one....and there doesn't seem to be many you don't have :)

Rich

Harry sorry to be a pain but could you possibly take a picture of the base of a HE fuzed round and the base of a practice round side by side to show the differences..thanks spotter

Hi Richard
Was hoping to get one a few weeks ago but no luck the deal fell through, i do have a few spare rounds if you would like to expand your collection?
Harry

Fantastic harry just what was needed. thank you .........Fuzed on the Left Practice on the Right

Hello together! I'm new in BOCN. I'm not really an ammunition collector, nevertheless I have two questions about the 120mm shell figures:
1.) What is the filling of the PRACTICE items SH L32A5 and SH L32A6? I can't find an appropriate translation for FILLING HES.
2.) What is the function of the LEAD SHOT? To give the shell the right weight?

CHINCHI

Hello Paul, thanks a lot for your quick reply! Does that mean, that these projectiles are explosive too, but with lower intensity? Or do I misunderstand „High Explosive Substitute“. I thought, PRACTICE items are inert. They don't have a fuze.

CHINCHI

Hello Paul, thanks a lot for your quick reply! Does that mean, that these projectiles are explosive too, but with lower intensity? Or do I misunderstand „High Explosive Substitute“. I thought, PRACTICE items are inert. They don't have a fuze.

CHINCHI

Practice does not indicate an item is inert/safe they can also have tracers,spotting charges etc