What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bolt Head Airfield & Bunker Open Day

Weasel

Premium Member
Short notice i know, But if any members are around this neck of the woods on the weekend then this is a good place to visit. There will be a selection of planes Bi planes Spitfire Hurricane and others on show or flying past. Also there is a Rotor station bunker later converted to a nuclear bunker that is very little changed and open for anyone to walk around. Went last year and you really could go anywhere bring a torch some of the light dont work. Sunday/Monday open days i think will check and update later today.
This is about 4 miles from Salcombe in south Devon, Here is a link to show you some info on the bunker.
Best regards Weasel.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/h/hope_cove/

Last edited:
Just to confirm it is open on Sunday the 3rd, if anyone is able to make it would be good to meet up. PM me if you are and i will let you have my number.
Best regards Weasel.

A few pics from the open day over the weekend, Great to see these two planes up close although the Spitfire did not have a merlin in it so the noise was not quite right. Complete open access to the bunker need to take a torch as half the lights dont work.

Attachments

• Soar Bunker 04.jpg
    Soar Bunker 04.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Soar Bunker 08.jpg
    Soar Bunker 08.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Soar Bunker 07.jpg
    Soar Bunker 07.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Soar Bunker 03.jpg
    Soar Bunker 03.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Soar Bunker.jpg
    Soar Bunker.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 22
Bunker

Hopefully get there next time Andy. Not a bit of graffiti anywhere either! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t Tig.