What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Colour Coding & Marking systems

3RTR

I'd like to put together definitive tables which cover the changes over time, probably from 1914 to present (I have the info on NATO standardisation from 1964); anyone suggest any sources? I have not yet started at the National Archive although I have some leads on files there. Shrivenham ammunition section don't hold anything, nor does the small museum in Larkhill. Anyone aware if Firepower has any docs worth looking at? Or indeed any publications in private hands...

Hi, I am not sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for ?
C20063-27e7dff36728f4e77f7c16deb2484164.jpg

Hi Dick, You would be more than welcome to borrow it for a good cause. We can sort out details at some time in the future. Please feel free to pm or email me. I am going offline now untill later today, regards, Tony.

Hi Dick
If you speak to Tony Debski he in in the middle of doing
the different colour changes & the marking
Harry

Tony (roller63); thanks for that. I'd love the chance to borrow it.

Harry, thanks, I'm already working with Tony Debski on my books, but as a historian, I always get material from the widest possible range of sources.