What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AN-M41 US 20 pound frag bomb

ANM41_a.jpg
Here now the picture. Joerg

Thankyou so much joerg i now realise that the outer casing is like the fragmentation inerds of my 45mm brixia mortar bomb ,which i could not tell from the picture of the one i have seen.

an_m41.jpg

Here's my latest purchase which i'm quite chuffed with has anyone else here got one or worked with them.

I sold a noze-fuze off one of these on ebay last year as i hadn`t the foggiest what sort of US bomb it was off?

cheers

waff

Yep,that looks like the fella!,mine even had some of the wire left on it too.
I will try and find an old pic of it.

best

waff

Does anyone know what the metal screw in cup is at the back of the fuze and what its for it does not look to serve a purpose but i'm sure it must, thankyou all again for your help.

Mebbe 20 or bit more?

I had the damned thing for ages.It wouldnt sell at the fairs,and i struggled trading it.Ebay came to the rescue!

cheers

waff

DAZ REICH wrote:
Does anyone know what the metal screw in cup is at the back of the fuze and what its for it does not look to serve a purpose but i'm sure it must, thankyou all again for your help.

its the booster charge

ok as far as i understand (not being a tech) The main explosive charge has to be a fairly stable insensitive mixture for storage and transportation etc etc so a booster charge of more sensitive explosive is required to detonate the main explosive filing,Because the booster is enclosed in a separate unit inside the bomb it is more protected than the main charge ..