What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm shells

Hey all, I have a new found interest, 37mm WW1 shells
1) on the left, I just got it a few days ago at a militaria shop in St. Louis
Mo. It is a WW1 German bunker buster shell. On the shell base case is EPT K 119A Sp255 1918 and there is a symbol on the flat top of the pro-
jectile that I can't quite make out.
2) middle on shell casr PDP 165 37-85 1.18 with ordnance bomb and what appears to be a 0 on the screw in fuse body (French)
3) is another French shell with PDPs 309 37 9.17 and what looks like the ordnance bomb on the shell casing. On the screw in fuxe is C39216.

Again I know very little to nothing on the 37mm shells but the bunker buster is my favorite. No comment or information necessary but welcome..Dan

Attachments

• Picture 209.jpg
    Picture 209.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 150
Hi Dan

This one , on the left is German ww1 . Anti aircraft round (tracer).

The two others are French ww1 . Standard explosive rounds (black pownder filling ).

Grateful

Thanks kzgr11 for setting me straaight on that German tracer round. that's why i'm here, to learn and absorb the vast knowledge there is to be had. Many many thanks..Dano

I have one that look similar to the round on the far left. But it has two copper bands and is stamped with a crown with a M under it. Besides the writing on the bottom (when I get to work on monday I'll send pics.) the date on it is 1902

37x94r

Hello
The model from you speak is older than the first (left) which is 1916 with band of 6mm.
Your shell have two bands (9 and 16mm)
M is for Marine (navy) but used by the land forces
amicalement
Andre
14v0h2q.jpg

Can you show the bottom of the projectiles

I don't expect surprizes but one never knows.

37mm

Hi Ammodillo
Thanks for your compliment
I work only 37mm Hotchkiss in all nationalitys.
But Gspragge have more knowledge that me.
Amicalement
Andr

You are too kind !

Evey time I think I know all about something 37mm - It jumps up and bites me -- We are all waiting for Robert Mellichamps book on the subject - 30 years of research ~

Hi, is it likely to be published or is it one of those ongoing projects?

Dave.

Evey time I think I know all about something 37mm - It jumps up and bites me -- We are all waiting for Robert Mellichamps book on the subject - 30 years of research ~

It's Both

The project that never stops, but I'm hoping he gets at least part one out soon - I'll enquire

It's a bad pic but the base says karl sruhe 57 XII 1902

It looks like the projectile is too far in, line up the groove in the projectile with the indents in the case, maybe stuff the case to hold it up if it's loose, or tap in two of the indents a bit. The base of your projectile should match one of Andre's images. They reloaded these cases through the war so the projectile is likely newer than the case.