What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUICK ID NEEDED PLEASE

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
can anyone identify this,and if possible supply a picture of a complete one ,Found in the UK its Brass in construction with remains of an iron collar.Whats left of it is approx 11.5 cm long,main tube bit is 2cm wide
Only markings i can see are
PDF M111 A
BH Lot 40 5-2 8

DSC00060.jpg

Hi Spotter
Looks like a PD 75mm MK1 original a US PD Mk3 used on 75mm guns 155mm guns & How.

Thank you Harry,ive just looked it up thanks tou your info and it is one of them,,,another question do you know if these would have been used by the British or just americans as was found on old uk training area

Hi Spotter, The British army purchased in number of obsolete American 75mm guns in 1940 before the introduction of the 'Lend-Lease Act' of 11 March 1941.
Your fuze could have come from one of these guns?

Quatermass

I know this is an old post, but this is the M46 PD on a US 75mm

Attachments

• 75mm.jpg
    75mm.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 19
Hello bombsaway dont worry about it been an old post,your image is very usefull..thank you

Fuze ID

Sorry Al, I missed this thread first time around. Close up pics of ground recovered fuze. Needless to say, completely inert.

BD:top:

Attachments

• pdf.jpg
    pdf.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 16
  • pdf1.jpg
    pdf1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12