What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British primers

Defender

Hello,

do someone have a list of the british primers and in which cases they were/are used?

Actually I'm looking for the usage of the No.19 IN.

Regards
Defender

Defender,

I have No. 19 primer shown as electric and percussion for naval service. Was current in 1961.

Tim. G.

hmm ...

Have a look at this pic. I was told that the markings on the primer are

GB 8/44
1/56
No 19
IN

It's really difficulty to read and the info might be wrong.

The case-length is about 190 mm, mouth-diameter 80 mm and rim-diameter 105 mm. What is the caliber of this case?

brit.JPG

The markings quoted appear correct, other than 12 years between manufacture and filling don't ring true. However, the 'N' denotes naval service - which is what the No. 19 was for. Any chance of cleaning the base? The case has been reworked at least once if not several times but its very hard to ascertain any markings.

Tim. G.

Actually I have only 2 more pic's. Maybe they help for ID.

@HarryD: Do you have pic's of 12pdr 12cwt or an i*net-source of it?

brit3.JPG

Hi Defender
Here is a photo of a 12pdr 12cwt case or where you after the a photo of a complete round?
MVC_893S.JPG

Thank you for your replys and pictures - that's what I wanted. You showed really nice items.

Now all I miss for happiness is a list of the primers and the cases they where used with.