What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unexploded bomb By Major A.B Hartley

F

Fuzeman

Bill hartleys book was the very first book i read on Bomb disposal and still has pride of place on the bookcase. even though i have read this book about fifty times , over the past 20 years it still thrills me to read , especially about Major John Hudson defeating the Y fuze .
John is no longer with us i,m sorry to say he died on December 6 th last year, he will be sadly missed by all of us who knew him.
Fuzeman

I have a spare copy at work its a bit musty but still fully readable
if interested please letme know cheers
Fuzeman

re The lonely war by Eric Wakeling

Another book that can be reccomended is Eric wakelings book , that tells you about bomb disposal through the eyes of one who was their.
Eric started off in a gas warfare unit hastily converted to bomb disposal , he survived the war and later came to be in charge of beach mine clearance.
worth reading.
fuzeman

Bombs and Boobytraps by Captain H j Hunt

Although no longer in print this book gives a lot of the casulties of the London bomb disposal companies there is also a list of George medals won and the george cross too.
Fuzeman

DangerUXB Melony Yappy

Melonys book is printed in conjunction with the channel 4 documentary aired on British television in 2001, im slightly biased as i too was part of te advisory team along with Arthur Hogben Eric Wakeling John Hudson to name but a few , i always iand still feel humbled meeting these great But ordinary guys thrown into the terror of war .
enjoy it
Fuzeman

German Code book by Michael heidller

This is a new book just published containing 500 plus pages on all the german codes, it goes beyond the previous book on German codes published 20 years ago.
Michael has spent a lot of time researching through the fragmented files in Germany and has come up with a winner in my view, he also lists thec odes for small arms and medals etc .
Worth investing in a copy
Fuzeman

Re:German Code book by Michael heidller

Thank you gentlemen for your replies.
i will be in touch with you FM shortly.

best
waff

Just finished reading this superb book at the weekend.I enjoyed it that much i may just read it over again!
I have read many a book on this subject but nothing quite brings it home except for this one.
Some of the stories related are very similar to the series `Danger UXB`,i can see where the series producers got their info from.

recommended read..
cheers

waff