What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soviet Cannon by Christian Koll

SG500

Premium Member
I've been waiting for my copy to arrive for the last 3 weeks and today was the big day. 584 pages of information, hundreds of large colour photographs and line drawings plus a CD with another 286 scale drawings in colour of cartridge cases, projectiles and components both whole and cutaway views. All of soviet cannon rounds in the calibre 12.7mm to 57mm.

THIS BOOK IS JUST AWESOME!!

If anyone is vaguely interested in cannon rounds then you really must buy it.

I have personally not really collected Soviet rounds, but am about to change my mind.

The cost is 125 for the book. That is REALLY CHEAP. It has to be worth what the Janes books cost and they're well over double the cost of this one. For the cost of a reasonable shell you end up with a superb reference study. Make sure you buy it.

The link to the web site is given below.

The ISBN number is 978-3-200-01445-9

http://www.russianammo.org/

I think I've gone on about it for long enough now, I'm off to read it for the next month so see you in a few weeks!!

Dave.

Shipping costs for the rest of the world (outside of Europe, overseas):
Economy Airmail: € 32.00 (6-8 weeks delivery time)
Priority Airmail: € 45.00

€ 45.00 = $71 CDN.... sheesh..... :(

Last edited:
[QUOTE=MissingSomething; 45.00 = $71 CDN.... sheesh.....

Trust me, it really is worth it.

Dave.

...shipping cost for the UK will be very reasonable.
I am sending a batch over by (friendly) Mule in September.

I still have several books 'Die Znder der Schweizer Armee 1848-200' by Peter Jaeggi - 60 Euro
and 'Deutsche Leucht- und Singnalmunition bis 1945' by Dr. Lorenz Scheit - 65 Euro

Both excellent books (allmost a must have) and new books comming up from Peter Vos.

Last edited:
MissingSomething;€ 45.00 = $71 CDN.... sheesh.....

Trust me, it really is worth it.

Dave.

I am sure it is.... I just hate giving someone 1/3 to 1/2 of the value of the book to ship it to me....:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Hi ,

Received my copy a couple of days ago.looks like it will be on the table next to Tony's 'Rapid Fire' and 'Flying Gun' books.getting a protected cover fitted as it will be used much!
NZ $ to Euro exchange is about 2.5 to 1 so definitely an investment ! .

cheers Bob.

Yes, it's a fantastic book. I was involved in proof-reading the English so went through it in detail, and have since being reviewing it (for IAA and ECRA) and showing it to people in the UK. Everyone with the vaguest interest in Soviet ammunition in particular or 12.7-57mm calibre ammo in general should get hold of one.

Broke Down

OK, I broke down. A buddy went to the meeting in Europe and brought me back a signed copy. As mentioned.... WOW... Great book! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Highly recommended for larger caliber Soviet stuff.