What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Clusterbomb???

Fjordhouse

Ordnance approved
Hello, can somebody tell me what this is. thanks

Attachments

• bocn 001.jpg
    bocn 001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 76
  • bocn 002.jpg
    bocn 002.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 63
  • bocn 003.jpg
    bocn 003.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 58
  • bocn 004.jpg
    bocn 004.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 57
  • bocn 006.jpg
    bocn 006.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 51
Hello Ben ,in what sort of area was this recovered is it WW2 or a post war area

I don't think that it is packing,more like a smoke pot or something.
The bomb whas green with one red ring around the nose i don't know any more if it whas a 250 or 500 Lb.
There are 3 layers around a center tube.
Look at the two holes at the side.

Attachments

• bocn%20004.jpg
    bocn%20004.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
have a read of this
"An igniter tube with four series of perforations extends down the center axis of the bomb and contains a celluloid tube holding a primed cambric tube . The igniter tube is held in place by the igniter-tube holder, located in the center of the tail plate . The remainder of the bomb body is filled with three banks of smoke generators,each bank consisting of eight wedge -shaped units fitted with drag plates"

Attachments

• ben2.jpg
    ben2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 84
  • ben 1.jpg
    ben 1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 114
  • SMK 500 LB. Mk II.jpg
    SMK 500 LB. Mk II.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hey Spotter, thats the one, i have the bomb complete with all the insides, many many thanks Spotter, also Madbonber many thanks for all the work.

This is a US E -14 experimental biological bomblet. It was to replace the flettner rotor. Era 1968-69, but was further tested after the bio programs ended, as a possible incapacitating agent carrier. Never got very far in test though.

The sub is actually called the "Rotor triangular". It had several designs, but all basically the same. The E-14 designation was what the folder title was, when I found this sub during research into other bomblets. Also the date of design was in the late 50's, I was wrong about the 68=69 time frame for this design.