What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeit 41 airburst/impact

satan18

I had a look through my relic fuses and decided to pull one to bits
as a bit of a display fuse.
This came to bits very nicely and with a little brush up and oil
most of the internals now move.

I would like to pull one of my 67s and 70 marked fuses down but
dont know if i have the courage in case it goes horrible.

Attachments

• SD2 TOP.jpg
    SD2 TOP.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 66
  • SD2 FUSE.jpg
    SD2 FUSE.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 73
  • SD2.jpg
    SD2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 69
well done phill it takes courage to strip these fuzes down, the thing to remember is to make sure the arming spindle is screwed fully down, otherwise it difficult to move the cogs back .!

Well done Phil.
How did you get the 3 screws shifted?
I've had one of these soaking in oil for 3 weeks (to try and undo it as you have) but the screws don't want to move. Did you heat it up?
Dave.

well done phill it takes courage to strip these fuzes down, the thing to remember is to make sure the arming spindle is screwed fully down, otherwise it difficult to move the cogs back .!

Thanks Steve,i have actully done another but the arming spindle damaged
the triangular brass peice with teeth on the bottom,as it looks like it was fouling the threads on the spindle.

Best phil

Well done Phil.
How did you get the 3 screws shifted?
I've had one of these soaking in oil for 3 weeks (to try and undo it as you have) but the screws don't want to move. Did you heat it up?
Dave.

Hi Dave,i dont think oil will make much difference as i didnt use any.

hold the fuse in the vice by the arming spindle upside down and carefully
heat the approximate lengh of the screw.
with a very good screw driver simulate an impact driver by using very little
taps wilst turning slowley,but you may need to clean the screw slots out first.
I used a mini flame torch which concerntrated its heat in one spot only.
whatever you do try and get the best purchase on the screw head as you can as they are fairly soft heads.

Best phil

Dont forget the det is still in place very near to the base where the screws are .

Hi Dave,i dont think oil will make much difference as i didnt use any.

hold the fuse in the vice by the arming spindle upside down and carefully
heat the approximate lengh of the screw.
with a very good screw driver simulate an impact driver by using very little
taps wilst turning slowley,but you may need to clean the screw slots out first.
I used a mini flame torch which concerntrated its heat in one spot only.
whatever you do try and get the best purchase on the screw head as you can as they are fairly soft heads.

Best phil

Hi Phil, you're a star, thanks, did all that with the fuze that has now been in oil for 4 weeks, warmed it up a bit and all the screws came out, job done!

Dave.

Hi Phil, you're a star, thanks, did all that with the fuze that has now been in oil for 4 weeks, warmed it up a bit and all the screws came out, job done!

Dave.

Glad i could be of help there Dave, theres owt more satisfying when that last screw gives up the ghost,Nice one.

I had a terrible time with a relic 67 fuse tonight which nay on fell to bits in my hands:sad: but did manage to salvage the clock which is being dipped as we speak.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Lets see some pics when you are ready please

Best Phil

Glad i could be of help there Dave, theres owt more satisfying when that last screw gives up the ghost,Nice one.

I had a terrible time with a relic 67 fuse tonight which nay on fell to bits in my hands:sad: but did manage to salvage the clock which is being dipped as we speak.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Lets see some pics when you are ready please

Best Phil

Same goes for those clocks please Phil.:)
Bad luck with the crumble though mate. Never mind,plenty more where they came from! ;)

best

waff

Yes I'll take some photos when I get my new camera - had a bit of an accident last week and cracked the screen on my old one .....badly!! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a shiny new Ixus in the post, photos will follow.

Waff "plenty more where they came from"..........is there a secret stock of 67's out there? If so do let me know where please.

Ta,

Dave.

Same goes for those clocks please Phil.:)
Bad luck with the crumble though mate. Never mind,plenty more where they came from! ;)

best

waff

Twill be a pleasure mate as these were realy well made little clocks
totaly more robust than the 17 clocks,hopefully post toms.

Best phil

Yes I'll take some photos when I get my new camera - had a bit of an accident last week and cracked the screen on my old one .....badly!! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a shiny new Ixus in the post, photos will follow.

Waff "plenty more where they came from"..........is there a secret stock of 67's out there? If so do let me know where please.

Ta,

Dave.

Nay worries Dave,
I will reserve one for you pal.:tinysmile_shy_t:
They are taking that long to come in the post though i think santa will drop them off...:tinysmile_cry_t2:
best

waff