What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PaK 37 round

waffenamt

Hi fellas,
here is one i picked up at the weekend.I paid a bit over the odds for it in a deal with a KwK40 but hey,win some,lose some!

The case has some nice ink left on..

pic in next post,oops!

..here we are!....
S7002066.jpg

Hi Stiel!,good to hear from you again pal!,

ive not removed the proj yet.They are only hot off the press yesterday!;)

cheers

waff

Nice round Waff, you may be lucky and find it has the base fuze/tracer element when you pull the head. Fingers crossed although they are out there to buy just a little expensive.
Good find though. Weasel

The reason I ask is I am a bit worried you might have a 3,7cm Flak AP projectile in a Pak case.

Easy to tell by the area below the drive band and the drive band looks like the Flak one.

I hate being the bearer of bad news but I haven't ever seen a Pak AP with the narrow drive band.

To be 100% you need to see the crimped part.

Righto Stiel,is no probs.I know the seller and will be able to get a refund or get it corrected.
i will get Mick to make a puller at work.

cheers

waff

Excellent picture Andy.
I was hoping someone would have a good comparison picture.

Btw Waff I have been told by a german friend that the 6331(star) headstamp was made for the export market. The 3,7cm PAK Sprenggranatpatrone made for the Greeks.

So a very nice case to add to your collection.