What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Purchases...

18 pdr

Hi Brad, I'm pretty sure this would be the fuze for your 18 pdr..Dano

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 17
18pr shrapnel

The usual fuze for 18pr (or 13pr) shrapnel is time and percussion No.80 as the shell should function in the air over the target so the balls scatter into the target but if the timing is slow the shell should go off on impact giving some useful effect. The No.101 is an impact fuze for HE which should detonate on impact.
2pr

Thanks 2PR!.
It sounds like I'll need to find a No.101 fuze for my 13PR HE and a No.80 fuze for my 18PR shrapnel.

Hopefully the next show will turn something up!

Thanks,
Brad

The usual fuze for 18pr (or 13pr) shrapnel is time and percussion No.80 as the shell should function in the air over the target so the balls scatter into the target but if the timing is slow the shell should go off on impact giving some useful effect. The No.101 is an impact fuze for HE which should detonate on impact.
2pr

13 pdr

Hi Brad, Could you give me the dimentions of the 13pdr. I'm most interested in the measurment across the base. Dano

Hi Dano,

I made the following measurements with a tape measure as I don't have a set of calipers, yet.

13pr Measurements... (no fuze & no fuze adapter)
- Base Diameter: 7.5cm
- Base Circumference: 24cm
- Driving Band (fired) Circumference: 24.8cm
- Total Height: 17.6cm
- Top Diameter: 7.1cm
- Top Circumference: 23cm

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
Brad

great

Awesome Brad, that's just what I was looking for. i bought a 13pdr case dated 1918 and am awaiting arrival and just wanted to get a general idea to the size of this critter. Dano. Thanks again

Remember to post some pics of your 13pr when you get it.
...it's just like Christmas for a 10 yr. old!

Cheers,
Brad

Awesome Brad, that's just what I was looking for. i bought a 13pdr case dated 1918 and am awaiting arrival and just wanted to get a general idea to the size of this critter. Dano. Thanks again

221B Fuze

Hi there,

This is my first post so glad i can provide some info.
I have loads of stuff on the 221B fuze, pics, diagrams and all the technical stuff.
Might be easiest if you send me an email address as there's quite a bit.

Pete