What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

used German incendiary

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
not often seen for sale are incendiary bombs that have 'started to go' and then been extinguished! Note also the green wash to the exploding type - the body colour is original but I had to restore the paint to the steel nose due to the onset of rust.
bmb-d7d354d7f1f52b1094dad2f97a4e0501.jpg

That top one is a real beauty!,ive only seen relic ones for sale.

thanks for showing them.:)

best

waff

I was lucky with this, an aviation museum was closing down in Shoreham, when I looked at the auction catalogue there were none of the munitions for sale. When I spoke to the auctioneer about it he said they knew nothing about munitions or the law about them and didn't feel they could get involved. I asked if he would accept an offer to remove the lot, he agreed and 320 changed hands. For that I got 7 incendiaries incl. this one, a variety of shells incl. 1.5 pdr and WW1 german 105mm, a belt of 18 .5 Vickers HMG rounds in links, 3 60pdr (3") aircraft rockets with launching clips and some other odds and ends including 2 1000pd bombs. Felt quite pleased with myself really!

Now that you have most of us interested in your last post :laugh:

Any chance you can post a picture of one of the 1000 pound bombs :laugh:

sorry, I couldn't fit them in the car - they were filled with concrete i think, and feeling that I'd had a pretty good deal without them, left them in the museum car park. The auction company where non too pleased but did finally find a home for them. I have a friend who collects bombs, torpedoes and sea mines, I'll try and remember to take a few photos of his when next I go there. There's a scrap yard in Poole who have several 1000pdrs but they too are concrete filled so you'd need a hyab to get them away.

Thanks,
I like bombs just like many other members do :laugh:
When you do get the chance to take some pictures, it would be great to see what a 1000 pound concrete bomb looks like.
Cheers,
Invest :)